Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Powers Camera Shop Ladies

I remember Mom talking about working at Powers Camera Shop when she was young. On the back of the picture that is what is written. Do you see on the front that someone has written "The 3 old maids"? That is a phrase you don't hear anymore. In fact, many women are opting to remain unmarried in this day and age. Not so much in the distant past. I think one of the ladies was named Lizzie Flanagan, but I don't know who the other one is. Nan, my mom, is on the right.
This is a photo of Nan and her coworker working diligently for Mr. Power. Maybe that is one reason why the Pearces took so many pictures during the years when the older two girls were young women. Regardless, I am glad they did. I am so enjoying posting them - and all the other photos, to. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment