Monday, March 8, 2010

Our Little Kids

In June of 1951, we had our little baby girl, Sherry Kay. As I have mentioned before, she was born on my Grandma Pearce's 80th birthday - how cool is that. Needless to say, she was doted on by the entire family.
Then on December 4, 1953, along came William Ray - and he was also such a welcome, happy addition to the entire family, also.
Sherry rides her little rocking horse next to her bed. The quilt on the bed - that is the one I used up and I wish I had not done that. However, as in a post I did on Funoldhag some time ago, I made several things that actually are keepsakes from the quilt. One is a pair of Christmas stockings that I hang on my mantle every year. I knew nothing about quilts as I had never been exposed to them. Now I do and I regret that I did not take good care of it.
Taken some time later, this is a very cute picture of our little kids and their happy dad. The time has flown by. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment