Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Letter to Maggie

This was a letter I found in with some of the old pictures that belonged to the Pearce family. Maggie, my grandmother, had gone to California to be with Nelle, my aunt. I think she had had some surgery. The baby "Carroll" Dan was referring to was me - and the picture above is of the two of us, taken about the same time the letter was written. He spelled my name like my grandmother's maiden name. I was not the first grandchild, but I was the first one that lived in the area. The letter is a little hard to read, but if you want to click to enlarge it, I think you might be able to make it out. It was written when I was a year and one month old - a long, long time ago. A lovely little memento from the days long gone by. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment