Saturday, May 31, 2014

Postcard Friendship Friday (on Saturday)

Here is a sweet little card courtesy Card Cow that speaks of spring.  This past week I did some flower shopping -- a pretty hanging basket to hang on the hanger on my privacy fence -- and some flowers to plant in the big container just off my patio.   I have a very pretty basket hanging by my front door.  That was a mother's day present from my daughter and son-in-law.  I probably will buy two or three more hanging baskets and then call it a day.  It is not as easy to do a lot of gardening as it has been in the past and I have had more than my share of flowers.  Gardening has been a great love of my life ever since I was in my late twenties so I have almost sixty years of it that I have enjoyed.
Here is the back showing the message Elsie sent Isabel  back in 1908.  Elsie had pretty penmanship which is very clear, unlike many of the old postcard messages.

Thanks to Beth for being our hostess on PFF.  Drop over to her blog and see the other postcards listed there.  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved that rhyme and the card suits it so well. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, I've always known that rhyme as "Mary, Mary, quite contrary..."
    I have a couple of cards in this Mother goose series, but not this one.

    ReplyDelete