Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Car


One of the things that is a big thrill in a man's life is a brand new car. I don't think it makes any difference if it is the first one or several on down the line - when a man gets the new car bug he is caught up in the excitement of thinking about it, buying it and driving it. Here is my Ray standing beside our new Chevie in the year 1950, probably a few months before our first anniversary. You can tell from his stance and the expression on his face that he is well pleased with this pretty new piece of steel and chrome. I confess that I liked it too! The photo was taken in front of my parents home in Rome, Illinois - aren't the old fashioned roses on the fence beautiful? And you can see the river down at the end of the street. Looks like a lovely summer's day. (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. You are soooooo right about a man and his car - this time last year my hubby was in the process of buying and that was all I heard about for weeks until the deal was closed (can't complain - it has heated seats which this time of year is much appreciated!). Jewels

    ReplyDelete