Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sitting on Santa's Lap

Back in 1956, my mom and I took our little kids into Peoria to Block and Kuhl's, a big department store, so they could see Santa Claus. I so love this picture of Sherry and Bill--such great little kids - and now they are great adults! This was a pretty good looking Santa, too, albeit rather young looking. I am sure the kids were well pleased with him. I posted this picture on Funoldhag last year, but I think it should be here, also, as part of Pieces of the Past. Heavens, I just happened to think this was taken 53 years ago!!! WOW! (Click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. You are right that is a great Santa look alike and the kids look so happy. I can remember standing in line at the Hardware store to visit with Santa each year. Good memories you bring back with your family photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,

    Thanks for sharing this photo with me. I've put a link on my blog to it:

    http://tatteredandlostphotographs.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-best-friend-meets-santa.html

    And seeing what you have on your blog I know I'll be back over and over to see all the wonderful photos and ephemera.

    ReplyDelete