Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Maternal Great Grandparents

Thanks to my cousin Ken in California, I have this copy of an old picture of my great grandfather, Eugene Owen Carroll, who must have been a foundary worker. He was born in Cork County, Ireland. The arrow points to Owen, which is what he preferred being called.

And this is a picture of my great grandmother, Anna Reynolds Carroll. They were married in 1866. They had six children and my grandmother, Maggie, was the third child. I will later post a copy of a tintype showing Anna with three of her children. In an earlier post, there is a picture of the casket in which Anna was lying in state in the living room of the Pearce home in 1917. Almost all of the pictures that I have in this blog are in a book I did on both my family and Ray's that I finished in 2001. It's not geneology in the true sense of the word, but it does record what I knew and who was who in pictures. There are surely lots of errors, but it is much better than nothing at all. Ask questions of your parents and grandparents - I wish I had asked more! I think you enjoy learning about your ancestors more as you get older. I so enjoy looking at all the pictures and wondering what they were doing and where they were going. Hope you also enjoy these little peeks into the past. (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://maternitymotherhood.net

    ReplyDelete