Friday, April 22, 2011

Postcard Friendship Friday

The Easter postcards are just beautiful with their gorgeous flowers and springy colors - I think they are my favorite ones.  Here is a beauty I found when I was searching for ideas to make my tag for April.  Each month, I trade little tags that feature vintage pictures, lace, paper, fabric, buttons, beads, etc., with a friend in my quilt guild. 
 
Here is the tag I made - I just love the lady in her gorgeous big hat and think it's a perfect Easter Bonnet.  Part of the embellishment of the tag is a cutout of the bird carrying the pretty Easter basket.   Happy PFF and Happy Easter.  And to Beth, many thanks for being our hostess.  Hop on over to http://thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.com/ and you can check out all the great postcards.  (Click to enlarge)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with the swallow carrying an eggshell full of flowers! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful vintage Easter postcard! I want to start my vintage postcards collection real soon.

    Happy Earth Day and Easter!

    Postcards Crossing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the postcard - it's not a motif I've seen before. Beautiful tag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Easter Card. I love the tag you made. It cute to use as a bookmark. :)

    My Postcard Friendship Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I love your tag! You've been holding out on us! Love mixed media! Happy easter and happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both images are very nice, Carol. Have a very Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a thing for bird postcards that feature swallows. That's a definite keeper. Hope I run across one one day to call my own.

    ReplyDelete