Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In 1996

This is our family gathered for Ray's 70th birthday celebration in February of 1996. Bill and Ann and Sherry and Barclay are on either side of Ray and me, both of us going through a chubby stage in our lives. The three girls are in front. Norah would have been 18, I believe, Molly around 15 and Hannah would have just turned 7. We all went out for a nice dinner and then came home for cake and ice cream and to view the video that Bill made from pictures I had sent him. It is such a beautiful piece that he put together - an absolute treasure. I still get teary whenever I look at it. A lovely memory. When the picture was taken, Bill had set the camera on a tripod and would set the timer then dash back over to get in the photo. Why is it that is always so funny when you get some without the photographer? We had several sans Bill, but we did have him in most of them. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment