Friday, May 14, 2010

Down on the Farm

I have no idea where this was taken or when or who is in it or what the machine is - I only know that it was in with the pictures that were in Ray's mom's things. It surely was a long, long time ago and isn't that a magnificent piece of machinery? Wonder what it is?
Here is a really cute picture of Ray trying to use the pump--I'm not sure what he is aiming for but I think it is the little bucket on the platform. This was probably taken at his Uncle Sammy's farm just west of Chillicothe at a much later date than the photo above. Hope you enjoy the pictures from a much earlier time. (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. It is a tractor and it is probably the power (notice the 'belt' that appears to be sticking out the front of the round boiler on the front) for a threshing machine. I have seen pictures of tractors with steel wheels that are twice the size of the one in the picture, but I've never seen a real steam tractor that large. Most of these old tractors were turned into scrap metal for WWII. I enjoyed my visit, and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete