Saturday, February 20, 2010

Where Should I Do This Post?

This is a picture of my husband, Ray, when he was a little baby in Chillicothe, Illinois. This definitely should be a post on Pieces of the Past - but I think I will also do it on Funoldhag. On that one I will use the color pictures, but think these look so sweet in the antique coloration.

These were all used by my husband when he was a baby. Clemie, his mom, saved so many things and she gave them to me. I still have more in the basement and will hope fully one day get them out and photograph them. I recall especially a pair of little wool pants. In the first picture is Ray's baby dish and little toy wagon. Also some fancy little soft shoes and nice warm booties. Above is a very pretty little dress and some long stockings. Actually, I used to put Sherry in dresses like that when she was a baby - then iron them. What was I thinking?

Here is a little sweater and mittens that kept him warm when he was a little one.And another batiste dress - this one very long. All of these lovely little things would be about 83 or 84 years old - Ray would have been 84 on the 28th of this month. If you would like to see them in color, I did a post on Funoldhag so you can click on the lady leaning on the fence at the top of the page and you will be there. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment