Friday, February 12, 2010

In the Summer of 1952

Looking through the old albums, I found this picture of my young brother, Bud, and my little daughter, Sherry, way back in 1952. Thought they might enjoy seeing this picture. I think this was just before he went into the Air Force - but I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong. Sometimes events get kind of mixed up in a person's mind as the years go by. This was taken in the little house we had right across the "old hard road" from the river bank. It was a summer cottage that had been winterized. There was a glassed in front porch where you could sit and watch the boats go by. I enjoyed living along the river so much. We bought an old rowboat from a neighbor and would just row out in the river a little ways and fish. Good times. And so long ago. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment