Sunday, February 28, 2010

An Old Tintype

This is an old tintype of my great-grandmother, Annie Carroll, holding my grandmother, Margaret Gertrude "Maggie" with her two siblings Charles and Ellen Martha "Nellie" standing beside her. Two other siblings would make their appearance at later dates - Edward and Robert. This was so very dark and hard to see that I thought about not using it. However, when I put it in my Microsoft program I was amazed how well it did come out. Maggie's little face can actually be seen. Annie Carroll was a very pretty woman. This would have been taken in late 1871 or early 1872. Another great old picture from the Pearce side of the family. (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how through today's technology we can see into the past. Really is sort of a time machine.

    ReplyDelete