Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When Ray's Parents were Young

When I was working on the family history book several years ago, Ray's cousin Henry loaned me this picture of his mother, Ethel, the older child, and Ray's dad, Harry, the little one. Is it not just one of the most precious pictures? There is some sort of a fur throw that Harry is sitting on. The dresses are so pretty. I think this is an adorable picture and such pretty little babes.
Next is a school picture and I don't know what year it was taken. I am almost certain it is Chillicothe Elementary School probably between 1915 and 1920. Ray's mother, Clemie is the little girl third from the end in the second row. She was not very big in comparison to some of the others so it's hard for me to tell what grade she would have been in. Looks like most of the kids would be around the same age so I don't think it is an all school picture.
I isolated and enlarged her picture and it is below. She looks maybe 10 or 11? Just a guess on my part.
(Click to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment