Monday, August 24, 2009

The Sionilli - Post 2

My mom's family must have had so much fun at their cottage, the Sionilli, in Rome, Illinois. Here are my grandparents and an unknown guest on the left posing in the river with an innertube. How are those for swimsuits?

Most of the Pearces posing by the porch. Harry, Dan, Nan, Leah and Maggie. I am pretty sure looking out through the screen is Ed. It's pretty hard to imagine being in skirts and long pants in the summer, but that is how things were back then. I am sure my grandmother never ever wore a pair of slacks - unless it was for some sort of costume. My mom always wore "housedresses", and lots of times aprons. My memory of aprons is more connected to my grandmother, though. I have a faint recollection of her sewing aprons, but that is all the sewing I can recall by any of the women I was close to. No knitting, crocheting, quilting, embroidery, etc. Where did I get that gene?
Here's my granddad with a couple of pets. I remember Mom talking about them but I certainly don't remember the names. Looks like something is written under the photo and it looks like "Rupert" - maybe that was the doggie's name. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment