Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Favorite Picture Rerun - Sidewalk Cleaners

Another of my very favorite pictures from the Pearces that is certainly worth bringing  forward again.  The lady on the left is my mom, Nan, but I don't know the other two girls.  And, I also know that this would not be the sidewalk in front of the Pearce home - it was on a raised lot with steps up to the yard.  The three ladies must be dressed in some sort of working garment - could that be the forerunner of a housedress?  And two of them are wearing dustcaps--I have vivid memories of my Grandma Pearce wearing those little bonnets.   On the cleanup agenda are some raking and some scrubbing although I can't tell which one my mom is doing.  The icing on the cupcake is the horse and wagon on it's way down the street.  Just past the tree near the middle girl, when you enlarge the photo you can make out an old fellow with one hand on his hip and the other on a rake or broom apparently shooting the breeze with another person.  How I wish I knew more, but  I think this is one great picture!  (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment