Sunday, March 27, 2011

From FOH Fashion Friday

(This post was originally on Funoldhag a little over a year ago.)  On this cold, winter morning in March, I thought you might like to look at a picture of some lovely ladies in their swimming attire. I am very confident that these outfits would have been the latest in style as the Pearce girls, Nelle and Nan, were always dressed very fashionably and their friends would be no exception. Nelle and Nan are on the left of the photo. The picture was probably taken at the Sionilli, the Pearce cottage up the Illinois River from Peoria. The fabric of the dresses looks as if it were still wet, giving a bit of the "wet t-shirt" look. My, how times have changed! I doubt if this style will ever return, don't you agree? (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wish it would. A little more left to the imagination would not necessarily be a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete