Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Very, Very Old Wedding Invitation

 Again, in things that belonged to my husband's mother, I found this very old wedding invitation inviting someone in the family to the wedding of Miss Clementine Fraser to Mr. John W. Rusk.
The wedding was in 1889 in Brimfield, Illinois.  My mother-in-law, whose name was also Clementine, was a  Rusk and I am positive that John was her uncle.  There is a handwritten list of the family of William Rusk and Mary Ann Wiley Rusk and John is on that list along with Samuel Rusk, who was Clemie's father.  I thought the invitation was so very pretty with its little embossed flowers and pretty script.    There is a little envelope the same size and color  and written faintly on the upper lefthand corner is "for Leatha" which is the name of Clemie's older sister.  Very sweet little piece of the past.  (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful, I have never seen a wedding invitation that old. How great some one saved it this long

    ReplyDelete