Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Old Chillicothe

I was able to find this picture on the internet of a beautiful, old home on the highway that went through Chillicothe, Illinois.  This is the Mead home.  I don't remember what the first name of the man was that was the head of this household, but I do know he was one of the mainstays of  the city of Chillicothe.  How I would love to have been able to go through this wonderful old place.  It was such fun to drive by when we went "uptown" for groceries.  This was torn down a long time ago and replaced with a gas station, I think.  So sad.  In my next life, I would love to buy a really old home and have it all fixed up - that would be wonderful.
Here is the Methodist Church in Chilli.  This is actually where my husband and I were married.  His family had been Methodist forever, and mine was a potpourri.  I wonder what the little arrows on the left of the pictures point to - probably someone was indicating where they lived.  Should have saved this for PFF, but have some others for that.  (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. Those are marvelous photos and I always feel really distraught when they tear down old homes and buildings. To me, nearly everything should be preserved.

    ReplyDelete