Friday, November 13, 2009

Maggie Goes to California

Sometime during the late twenties or early thirties, Grandma Maggie took a trip to California to visit daughter Nelle and her family.
The two little fellows in this photo are my cousins, Ken and Bob, who are both older than I. Next to them is their father, Lambert. Maggie is behind them and Nelle is in the last seat. Don't know the other lady.

A good picture of Nelle and family and Grandma Pearce. Again, an unknown lady is with them.The writing tells the story. Ken, the little one at the back of the boat, my brother, and I were in contact by e-mail when I was working on my family history about seven years ago. He has been into geneolory for many, many years on both sides of his family. He has much on the Pearces and shared all kinds of things with me and Bud. Living so far away, he didn't get to see our grandparents very many times and he loved to hear stories about them. These, of course, are some of the pictures that Bud had from Ken and that he sent along to me. Thank you, little brother! (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment