Monday, September 14, 2009

A Very Large Load of Hay


I have posted so many pictures of the Pearce family and very few of my husband's side. The only reason is that there are not nearly as many photos. I have mentioned before that my grandparents and their family took lots of pictures, and that pleases me so much. My parents didn't take hardly any of Jo, Bud and me. Suppose part of that was money was very tight when I was growing up. Actually there are quite a few of me when I was a baby and toddler since I was the first grandchild around - having two older cousins who lived in California where my grandparents did not have contact with them.
I digress - as usual. This picture is one from Ray's family and I am almost certain it is of his father. There are just a handful of Harry. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that he died in the VA hospital in Dwight, Illinois, when Ray was only 12 years old and his mother 32. So it was Clemie and Ray through all the years. I just thought this is such a neat old photo of a great big truck filled with hay. It needed to be here in my blog. (Click to enlarge)

1 comment:

  1. That's a neat picture, Carol. What a huge truck load. I wonder if he was the farmer or was he paid to truck it.

    ReplyDelete