Sunday, September 20, 2009

Four Generations

I know I have mentioned in my Funoldhag blog (and have used this picture there, also) that my daughter, Sherry, was born on my grandmother's, Maggie, 80th birthday on June 15, 1951. Here is a picture taken on Sherry and Maggie's 1st and 81st birthday - it was a very hot day in Rome, Illinois, and we sat in the front yard of our little house right across the road from the Illinois River. The other two members of this generational picture are Nan, my mother, and me.
Sherry and Maggie are now another year older - 2 and 82. This time we were in our back yard. Over all the years, I can remember my grandmother almost always had her beautiful cameo pinned to her dress and it is there in both of these pictures. And she always wore heels - although not very high ones. (Click to enlarge)

1 comment: