Thursday, July 22, 2010

Postcard Friendship Friday

I think way back in this blog, this picture is posted. It's a good one for PFF (and a Happy PFF to you) so here it is again. Another picture of my father and two of his buddies - this time pretty much all dressed up. My dad is on the right and I'm loving the way he wears his hat. His friend on the left also has his at a jaunty angle and with his cigar is a really cool dude. The young fellow in the center is very good looking. Dated in November of 1913, Dad would have been 19 years old. I really like this old "postcard".

Here is the back. Thanks, Beth, at http://thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.com/ for hosting.
(Click to enlarge)

8 comments:

  1. Who else in the world has his dad on a real photo postcard from 1913 or earlier? Very, very few!!!
    Cool! Paraphrase: Those boots are made for walking, and kicking is what they do...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I think we should go back to family/friends photos on postcards! Wonderful way to share. Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish! Just look at the boots on the one on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are three handsome rogues - I say that in the nicest way! Girls, watch out. Happy PFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have an exact date on the card, love the jaunty hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Real Photo card, and great from my perspective - collectible to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card as well, Cairo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great style! A quick glance mad me think of the phony vintage pictures you can pose for in vintage dress at places like Universal or Disney World. It's great to see the real deal. Your dad looks like a charmer!

    ReplyDelete