Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dan Pearce's Sisters

On the back of this photograph is written "May Waugh, Sallie & Lizzie, all sisters of Dads." Sallie looks delicate and rather frail while the other two women appear to be hardier. I can see that Lizzie looks a bit like my grandfather. All three have curly hair - wish I had inherited that gene! Their dresses are so similar with the mandarin collars and pins. I so wonder how they took care of their nice clothing. Was there dry cleaning back then? Everyday life certainly was more difficult to live then than it is now. Hope you enjoy this picture of my great aunts. (Click to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. She does so frail, almost skeletal. Do you know what the future held for her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right she does look frail, I wonder what the reason for this was? I have a family bible and it tells the history of my mothers side of the family, this is kind of your modern way of doing this and all will treasure it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh. The comparison of the frail and hardy girls. Because it's totally true. I love your photos. But must limit myself or I'll look at them all night! :)

    ReplyDelete