Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Carney

Before my mom met my dad, she had a boy friend who she referred to as "Carney" which I am quite sure was his last name. I think the expression on her face in this picture is just priceless.

Carney pops up in the old pictures quite a few times. Here with someone else who must have been a guest at the Sionilli, the Pearces' summer cottage in Rome just north of Peoria along the Illinois river. I have done several posts on the family's times at their cottage.
Here are Nan and Carney standing near the cottage and you can get a glimpse of the sign across the roof that was the nametag of their place.

The young couple in a nifty old car. I don't know how long they went together or anything else about Carney, but it looks like they were a nice couple at least for a while. I will do a post one of these days on my first boyfriend. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment