Friday, April 6, 2012

Postcard Friendship Friday

Here is a sweet little Easter card from a mother who is evidently away to her little daughter, Gladys.  I love the messages on the old cards and always wonder about the situations under which the cards are written.  Gives a person something to mull over and imagine what the circumstances could be.  For whatever reason the mom wasn't there, I hope she returned home safe, well and happy.  

Thanks to Beth, at http://thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.com  for hosting PFF.   Wishing a lovely Easter to all, Carol.

7 comments:

  1. And to you as well, Carol. I like the lower one with the little girl in the cart - being pulled by baby chicks. We have friends who raise chickens for the eggs - but have hatched out fifteen of those fuzzy little creatures. Their "minder" says they are nocturnal - as soon as the lights go out they think it's time to play.

    Your supply of old photographs may have run out, but I still enjoy looking at whatever and whenever you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the cards with the messages so much more than blank cards. It's so interesting to wonder what lies behind the message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second card is so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two adorable Easter cards I often wonder about the stories *behind the scenes* of a post card. I love story telling! Happy Easter! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards, that is one of my criteria for the collection, the cards I collect must have been sent to someone. I love the sentiments. Happy Easter to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet. Makes me want to go out and find some old postcards from mothers sent to their daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards...the graphic style is quite distinctive - am surprised that they don't seem to be "artist signed" illustrations...great finds for easter!

    ReplyDelete