Saturday, April 14, 2012

Love What They Can Do With Old Houses

This picture has been in the blog before, but I thought of it immediately when I looked at pictures on Pinterest this afternoon.  That is Sherry, our daughter, sitting on the steps of the little house we lived in when Bill, our son, was born back in 1953 in Chillicothe, Illinois.  It was a two bedroom, one bath, dining room, living room and kitchen with a coal burning furnace (that was lots of fun - we got a stoker after a year which was better but not much!).  Anyway, when I looked at the picture right below----------
 I immediately thought, that looks like our little house on Truitt Avenue!  And it does, seeing them together.
The porch could have been enclosed, newwindows, new paint, darling new storm, screen door and window boxes, all that would change it completely. Add a white picket fence and lots of flowers-----I'd be willing to move right back in!

1 comment: