Saturday, July 9, 2011

Postcard Friendship Friday

In the good old summertime!  Here is a quartet of pretty, happy girls dressed to go swimming back in 1906 - my, how things have changed.   What a cute picture of some very cute girls.
I hope you are having a good summer so far and are able to enjoy doing the things you like to do whether it be gardening, swimming or just having time to relax and sometimes do nothing at all.  Take a minute and stop by Beth's blog http://thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.com/ to check out today's postcards.  Happy PFF.



 I have decided to add two pictures from my mom's side of the family from the days when they had a summer cottage north of Peoria.  These pictures and many others are in earlier posts under the "Pearce Family".  In this one, my Aunt Nelle sits on the boat and my mom, Nan, is the first girl standing in the water.  They, too, are in their swimwear.


Here is my grandfather, Dan, with my grandmother, Maggie to his right and an unknown woman with them.  Thought these went well with my postcard. (Click to enlarge)

1 comment: