Friday, November 26, 2010

Postcard Friendship Friday


Here is another old postcard that was in with some old pictures.  I certainly have never heard of  "Jug Rock" but it must have been a local attraction.  Interesting back of the card - certainly the person who addressed the card was not the same person writing the message.

Here is a picture I found on the internet of Jug Rock.
Location: Next to the town of Shoals, on Highway 50 west of town. The pullout where you can park is unmarked, but is on the north side of the roads about 200 yards downhill from the Shoals Overlook Rest Park. Another part of the preserve is reached by going back to Shoals on US 50, turning right on Polar Street and right again on White River Road, with another pullout about .4 mile along between two private homes.



Description: Two interesting sandstone formations. You can climb to the top of the Pinnacle for a good view, but climbing to the top of Jug Rock is both illegal and inadvisable.


Ownership: Indiana DNR
(Click to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of Jug Rock but interesting postcard. I like the way you also shared a photograph of Jug Rock. Happy PFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love rock formations! :-)
    Thank you for sharing.
    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting card. I wonder what RR #2 means?

    PS I've had a lot of difficulty commenting today. Firefox wouldn't let me see your post, Chrome wouldn't let me comment, so now I'm trying Internet Explorer. I don't usually have any problem.

    ReplyDelete