Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dan, Maggie and Friends on Western Trip in 1920

 Maggie Pearce and two friends in Portland, Oregon, many, many years ago.  Maggie as you may know from my earlier posts, are my grandparents on my mother's side. 
Here they are with the woman who, along with her husband, accompanied them on the trip out west from Peoria.  Again, I am amazed at the way they are so very dressed up for their traveling.  Maggie even had a fur stole and a lovely hat and Dan was in his suit, tie and a hat, also.  I imagine that might be their car they are standing by.
Here the are with the fellow that was with them on the trip and they are at Lake Louise, which I googled and it's in Canada.  What a long trip for the Pearces and their friends.  They are enjoying the snow here.
I am so glad they wrote on the front of their pictures!  Otherwise, I would not have a clue as to where they were or when.  Dan and his friend are wearing their topcoats  and Maggie is snuggled in her stole.   
Here is another picture that I have posted before that certainly was taken at the same time as the others in this post.  It fits so well I just have to repeat it - Snow flakes.  My grandfather is on a rock.  Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment